Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Heat Embossing Foam

I did this technique for the ScrapShotz April kit insert. I love my embellishments and I love being able to make my own fun ones. There are so many different types of embellishments you can make, and all sorts of colours. Create your own foam letters by stamping and heat embossing alphas. I did try this using UTEE and although it has a very nice look and texture, it does tend to peel off so it is not my preferred method, I'll just stick to the regular fine embossing powder.

Items
1. Foam sheet (your choice of colour)
2. Stamps (I used Autumn Leaves Scribbled Scripted)
3. Versamark or stamping ink
4. Embossing powder
5. Scissors (fine tip for detail cutting)
6. Heat embossing tool
7. Pop dots

Instructions
a. Stamp image onto foam. I like how versamark looks, I tried chalk ink and it tends to look a little smudgy, not quite as clear;
b. Cover image with embossing powder, tap off excess;
c. Using tool, heat emboss image. Do not linger too long in one spot, you may melt the foam;
d. Using fine scissors cut out image and attach to card or layout using pop dot.




4 comments:

Lizette said...

I have never done this technique. I will have to try it now !.
Great cards !

Giovana said...

Thank you for this technique, I've never heard about it either.

God bless
Giovana

Diane said...

This sounds so neat,will have to give it a try!!TFS!

Gloria said...

TFS! I love this technique and will cerainly try it soon!