Sunday, June 1, 2008

Beads Galore!!

I love beads, but I don't really have any use for them - especially as a mom of 2 boys. But I have a hard time resisting when I am at M's or Wal-Mart and I see a cute collections of beads that I *know* I can somehow use in scrapbooking or cardmaking.

So I took the plunge and made another card using beads today. You can buy these little metal sticks (sorry, I have no idea what they are called...) at WalMart and they don't cost much and all you do is thread the beads onto the stick. I twist the end of mine but I saw these cute thingy's at M's that look like the back of an earring but they are clear - they would work great too!

Anyhow, here is a picture of the card I made in April and I was able to use beads in a very cool way. I was very excited to find the link and if you click on the picture you'll be linked to the tutorial on Scrapbook Lounge.





Here is the card I made today. Notice how the beads mimic a stem?


Thanks for stopping by, if you make a card or layout using beads I would LOVE to see it, please post a comment with the link. Thanks!

*Heidi*

4 comments:

Jacqueline said...

Neato! I love the design of the first one. I saw that demonstration a while ago and I've been meaning to try it, but I never would have thought about trying it on a card. Cool idea!

Anonymous said...

Love that you used the beads for a stem Heidi. Great idea!
your card is very cute too!

Kiss my Paper Trimmer! said...

So cute Heidi! Love the design!

Anonymous said...

Love the baby card! SO sweet! :)