Saturday, August 16, 2008

What the Heck

How many of you are trying to eat better, exercise, reduce-reuse-recycle? We have recently started to eat organic (as often as possible, choices at groceries stores aren't always great), try our hand at eating clean and making better environmental choices as well. I try to use less electricity, more natural cleaning products, I compost and recycle etc... I'm not obsessive but once you make the effort to move in that direction I find that it becomes easier and I personally feel good about those choices and the impact it will ultimately have on my children.

So, I decided to share a few sites with you:

DAVID SUZUKI'S NATURE CHALLENGE (Canada)

By taking David Suzuki’s Nature Challenge, you’re taking steps toward a healthier future for the whole planet. Once we have your contact information, you'll receive monthly e-newsletters full of simple, straight-forward tips and the latest eco-news - they’re even entertaining. Green living made fun and easy!

NATURE'S PATH ORGANICS

I love Nature's Path foods. Their website is informative and has recipes, info on healthy eating and lots of info on what organic means.

CLEAN EATING MAGAZINE

I have not regretted subscribing to this magazine. The recipes are diverse (ranging from cooking a Bison steak to preparing a vegetarian stir fry), lots of hints and tips, some exercises and interesting articles.

100-MILE DIET

An interesting blog I just found about eating local. Kinda cool :)

and yet another...

HOMEGROWN ONTARIO

For others living in Ontario, this is a site about eating "local". Again, some interesting facts, recipes etc...

If anybody has any other interesting sites I would love to hear about them :)

*Heidi*

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the links, Heidi! :)

Michelle said...

Awesome links!! thanks Heidi!! :]

Boo said...

Great links Heidi! We are making a big effort here too. Every little bit counts. :o)