Sunday, October 19, 2008

Almost over?

Weekends just pass too quickly.... I am going to try and scrap today but I have some gardening that needs to get done before the really cold weather kicks in. Plus the kids need some fresh air too. Before I head off, here are a few goodies for you!
Cool technique at OLW:
Alter a page protector! Karla has posted step-by-step instructions on how to do this cool technique, and the best thing is... it's simple!


Contest at Pagemaps, check it out!!
There is still time! Here is some info from the PageMaps Blog:
To celebrate NBCA, I'm inviting all of you to create a layout based on this sketch. No, your layout doesn't have to be pink! And no, it doesn't have to be about breast cancer. Instead, scrap about something that is meaningful to you, the way breast cancer is meaningful to me.

This contest starts today (9 Oct) and runs through midnight on Monday, October 27, 2008 (MST). The winner will be announced here no later than Friday, October 31st. Be creative, inject your own style and have a bunch of fun with the sketch!The winner will receive a loaded prize package of Melissa France "Thankful" papers and embellishments, stamps, rub-ons and ribbons.







So here's a question.....
These "hot" new flowers from Prima... couldn't you just buy some fabric at Wal-Mart and make your own for a fraction of the cost? I admit they are pretty cool looking, but honestly....
The next time I am anywhere near fabric I am going to buy some (WM always has the little bins with scraps) and try this out myself. Anybody else with me on this? I would love to see some homemade flowers!! Please link me up if you make any, I would also love to see any other type of homemade embellishments so please leave a comment :)



Some cool Canadian kits!
ScrapShotz October Card Kit ($14.95 CAD)




Just Cre8 November Kit (Special $59.00 CAD)



Lil' Scrappers October card kit ($29.95 CAD)




That's it for me, time to feed the kiddies and get on my gardening duds...:)
*Heidi*

No comments: