Monday, December 22, 2008

A few quick goodies

I was "browsing" and found a few cool things I thought I would share.

Crocheted flowers
I have no real need for these as I rarely make "girly" layouts and I have enough primas to last me years but I think they are gorgeous..... would really add some wow factor to a layout (or card).


Origami snowflake
Isn't this gorgeous? Check out Virginia's post on the Scrapalicious blog for instructions.




I Am a Scrapaholic - Paper Christmas Tree

Another yummy project for those of you with patience LOL! Isn't this gorgeous? I love the faux snow. Check out their blog for instructions on how to make this.






Another yummy card blog to check out!

Was blog hopping and found this gem on the "Running With Scissors" blog, some absolutely beautiful cards!!



(card by Leslie Miller)

Magazine calls (that could motivate you)


Scrapbook Trends: Real Life: What's In A Name? - Nicknames, family names, shortened names… even Internet user names! Create a layout about your unique identity and what that name says about you. Deadline: January 5, 2009


Memory Makers: New beginnings (i.e. overcoming challenges, changing careers, surviving—divorce, cancer, the death of a loved one, etc.). Deadline: January 5, 2009


Canadian Scrapbooker: Layouts that use decorative trim including decorative tape
Layouts that use metal – pre-designed metal embellishments or any other metal. Deadline: January 15, 2009

All right, that's all I got (for now).

*Heidi*

No comments: